Sunday, January 17, 2010

Read a good book lately?

One of my New Years Resolutions is to read more... at LEAST 2 books a month...

So I started compiling a list of books to read - I have a TON of books that are sitting on my bookshelf that I have never read, as well as some that I've been wanting to read... and then I decided to join the church book club, so that will keep me busy as well...

Books on My List: (BOLD - Currently Reading; Purple - I finished it!)

Books on my bookcase I REALLY want to read:
  • The Goose Girl - Shannon Hale
  • Fishers of Men - Gerald N. Lund
  • 101 Powerful Promises from Latter-day Prophets - Wayne Brickey
  • God Wants a Powerful People - Sheri Dew
  • Daughters of God - S. Michael Wilcox
  • If Life Were Easy, It Wouldn't Be Hard - Sheri Dew
  • Total Money Makeover - Dave Ramsey
  • How to Win Friends and Influence People - Dale Carnegie
  • Saving Kristen - Jack Weyland
  • Please Pass the Scriptures - John Hilton III
  • 10 Secrets Wise Parents Know - Brent L. Top & Bruce A. Chadwick
  • The Christmas Sweater - Glenn Beck

Book Club Books:

  • The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society - Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
  • Gracie: A Love Story - George Burns
  • The Wednesday Wars - Gary Schmidt
  • A Train to Potevka - Mike Ramsdell
  • Book of a Thousand Days - Shannon Hale
  • Fine Old High Priests - Donald S. Smurthwaite
  • Three Cups of Tea - Gary Mortenson
  • Warriors Don't Cry - Melba Pattillo Beals
  • Mayflower - Nathaniel Philbrick
  • The Host - Stephanie Meyers I've read this one before and LOVED it but will do a quick review before book club

Other Books I'd Like To Read:

  • Overcoming Under Earning - Barbara Stanny
  • The Undaunted - Gerald N. Lund
  • The Great and The Terrible Series (vol. 1-6) - Chris Stewart
  • My Sister's Keeper - Jodi Picoult
  • Sarah's Quilt - Nancy E. Turner
  • Forest Born - Shannon Hale
  • The Best of Times: A Dickens Inn Novel - Anita Stansfield
  • The Silence of Snow - Anita Stansfield
  • The Last Song - Nicholas Sparks

I'm hoping to write book reviews (mainly for myself since my memory is AWFUL) but then again... I failed Literature in 7th grade with a 23% because I HATED to write book reports... so we'll see how that goes! lol

1 comment:

  1. I just finished Undaunted and LOVED it! (I also really liked to Host). Great list there are several I want to read so I hope you do write a review on the ones you read.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails