Monday, March 8, 2010

Book Review: The Wednesday Wars

I finished reading The Wednesday Wars by Gary D. Schmidt a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it, although it wasn't until the last couple chapters that it really grabbed me.

The chapters were long - which for me is hard because I always look ahead to see how long the chapter is and if it's too long to read in the amount of time I have, I will wait to start it - and this makes me take longer to read it... I know, kind of ridiculous, but I do like shorter chapters in my books! lol

I have never been one to understand Shakespeare and enjoyed reading of a boy who learns to read and enjoy and UNDERSTAND it!

As I said, it didn't really grab me until the last couple chapters (meaning I had a hard time putting it down) but the last chapters were awesome and I LOVED the ending!

And although we haven't met for book club yet, I've heard others LOVED the book and it definitely sounds like a favorite for many of them!

Books on My List: (BOLD - Currently Reading; Purple - I finished it!)

Books on my bookcase I REALLY want to read:
  • The Goose Girl - Shannon Hale
  • Fishers of Men - Gerald N. Lund
  • 101 Powerful Promises from Latter-day Prophets - Wayne Brickey
  • God Wants a Powerful People - Sheri Dew
  • Daughters of God - S. Michael Wilcox
  • If Life Were Easy, It Wouldn't Be Hard - Sheri Dew
  • Total Money Makeover - Dave Ramsey
  • How to Win Friends and Influence People - Dale Carnegie
  • Saving Kristen - Jack Weyland
  • Please Pass the Scriptures - John Hilton III
  • 10 Secrets Wise Parents Know - Brent L. Top & Bruce A. Chadwick
  • The Christmas Sweater - Glenn Beck
  • Life of Joseph Smith - George Q. Cannon
  • The Five Thousand Year Leap - W. Cleon Skousen
  • The Peacegiver - James L. Ferrell

Book Club Books:

Other Books I'd Like To Read:

  • Overcoming Under Earning - Barbara Stanny
  • The Undaunted - Gerald N. Lund
  • The Great and The Terrible Series (vol. 1-6) - Chris Stewart
  • My Sister's Keeper - Jodi Picoult
  • Sarah's Quilt - Nancy E. Turner
  • Forest Born - Shannon Hale
  • The Best of Times: A Dickens Inn Novel - Anita Stansfield
  • The Silence of Snow - Anita Stansfield
  • The Last Song - Nicholas Sparks
  • Dear John - Nicholas Sparks (NEW on list: 3/7/10)
  • Open: An Autobiography - Andre Agassi (NEW on list: 3/710)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails