Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Maternity Shirt into a Scarf!

My daughter has been BEGGING me to buy her a scarf but I decided to make her one! And while cleaning out my closet, I found this old maternity shirt that I didn't even wear my last pregnancy... So why not turn it into her scarf?

Photobucket

The first thing I did was cut off the sleeves and then a piece from the front and cut them all equal width...

Photobucket

And then just sewed them end-to-end with right sides together. Because I used the shirt, one end of each piece was hemmed... so I made I had a hem on each end...

Photobucket

Next I just sewed it inside out (right sides together into a tube)...

Photobucket

Turn inside out and you have a scarf that your 6-year-old is THRILLED with!!!

Photobucket

And I still have a bunch of shirt left! Wonder what I will do with it!?! lol


2 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea. man, too bad I just donated a bunch of this stuff to DI. Oh well, still have a few closets to go through. Wonder what I'll find?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute. aubrey's been asking for a scarf. This is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails