Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St. Patrick's Day

I LOVE celebrating holidays with the kids and decided last year that it was important to make the holidays and birthdays special because it gives the kids good memories... and maybe when they are older they won't just remember me yelling and screaming all the time... lol

Last night I decided to kick St. Patrick's Day off with a St. Patrick's Day family night (we couldn't do it Monday night). We talked about St. Patrick's Day and how it came to be and about clovers and how they can represent the Godhead with their 3 leaves. For treats, Andre and I made a fruit rainbow - we used strawberries, mandarin oranges, pineapple, kiwi, blueberries, and grapes - and some fruit dip.

Photobucket

I got the idea from Michelle at Someday Crafts and it was definitely a hit with the whole family! I can't wait to do a family night on Noah's Ark and do this as the treat again!

Last night, we had a naughty little leprechaun sneak in (as he does every year) and dye our milk green. And then this morning, I made green eggs (a tradition) and also green shamrock pancakes (something new this year). I also dyed the orange juice green.

Photobucket

And a trick I learned, although it's probably obvious for most people (I'm a little slow)... for the eggs and the o.j, I added blue food coloring instead of green because yellow and blue makes green! It worked much better! lol


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails